Wow, what a first day

 


Brayden's letter thanking Toni and Rob for bring his Flat Stanley along on their around the world cruise.


The first stop for Flat Stanley was in Sandgates to say goodbye to Aunt Jeannie (Toni's Mom)

Next was to help Toni and Rob do their final checks at their house in Mechanicsville Maryland, make sure everything was packed, and getting in the van.

Flat Stanley was a little nervous heading over the new Thomas Johnson bridge when the fog made the top of bridge hard to see!!

But Flat Stanley made it to the other side and into Virginia for the first new state.



What? We left Mechanicsville a couple hours ago???  Oh, Mechanicsville, Virginia! Who knew there were two!


And now another state, this one is North Carolina.



Rob was a little tired and wanted to stop and stretch his legs at the North Carolina Welcome Rest Stop.  My legs were a little stiff too.
Toni and I went for a walk and she took me to a school bus.  But I told her that it was the wrong color AND it is still Christmas vacation so no school!!!


Toni let me lay down in this nice area.  But I am not sure she can read very well and almost got me in trouble.

They had this big whirligig here. Wasn't much wind so it wasn't moving.


Well, finally at the hotel. Toni and Rob told me that I was the Health and Safety Engineer for the trip.  I am not sure what that means but they made me spray everything with this can of stuff, wear gloves and a mask!


And Toni and Rob got takeout from one of my favorite restaurants, Cracker Barrel!!! 



Wow, I am tired and going to bed and its only 7 o'clock.

But Toni said she would wake me up at midnight for some cider!

Toni and I took a nap while Rob watched the game, but he woke us up in time to see the ball drop in Times Square. Toni even had sparkling cider for us! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

What will we do on day 2??????



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 5: Kotor Montenegro